If you are a kid and are being bullied, what can you do? And what can you do to make sure you aren’t a bully, too?
Treat everyone with respect:
- Stop and think before you say or do something that could hurt someone.
- If you feel like being mean to someone, find something else to do.
- Talk to an adult you trust. They can help you find ways to be nicer to others.
- Keep in mind that everyone is different. Not better or worse. Just different.
- If you think you have bullied someone in the past, apologize. You will feel better.
What to do if you’re bullied:
- Look at the kid bullying you and tell him or her to stop in a calm, clear voice.
- If speaking up seems too hard or not safe, walk away and stay away. Don’t fight back.
- Find an adult to stop the bullying on the spot.
Continued next week…
- Bullying Part I
- Bullying Part II
- Bullying Part III – What Kids Can Do
- Bullying Part IV – Cyberbullying
The Cleveland Police Foundation, in partnership with the Cleveland Division of Police and the Ohio Crime Prevention Association present these tips so citizens can help to make our community safer.