Small business owners everywhere across the Cleveland landscape should learn about ways to partner with the Cleveland Division of Police and the Cleveland Police Foundation, according to Dick Clough, Cleveland Police Foundation president.
According to Clough, if your business is located within the Cleveland city limits, one of five Police Districts serves your business.
Here are five suggestions from the Cleveland Police Foundation (CPF):
- Why not start by introducing yourself to your assigned District Commander and police officers you may see around your business location.
- Look for Coffee with Cops opportunities near where you work. You are always welcome to attend these gatherings in a local coffee shop. It’s a time to ask questions, share concerns or just show your support. These are often free events and have been getting lots of compliments. Your district knows when these are scheduled or check with the CPF at email@example.com.
- Set up a safety audit with your local police district. The police officers can walk through your establishment and indicate ways to improve your safety and emergency response posture.
- Consider holding an employee meeting featuring personal safety at home and at work. Police officers are available to share best practices and cover what you should know about your District. Knowing there is a well-trained police officer team that provides a safe environment and peace of mind is a good thing for both you and your employees. Knowing who to contact in an emergency is just as important.
- Maybe it’s time to learn more about the Cleveland Police Foundation. As the official fundraising arm of the Cleveland Division of Police, we are an independent organization where you can donate your time, treasure, and talent to support initiatives that are not currently funded. Go to www.clevelandpolicefoundation.org . We are particularly dedicated to bringing our police officers closer to kids and the community and supporting police officer wellness.