This Year’s CLE PAL Scholarship Awardees
The following outstanding students received the CLE PAL scholarships this year:
- Joshua Freeman received the David Fahey Memorial Scholarship Award. Joshua is planning on joining the CLE PAL Builders of Tomorrow Program to become an electrician.
- Lavar Hamilton received the James Skernivitz Memorial Scholarship Award. Lavar is planning to attend Kent State University.
- Leonardo Dipadoba received the Shane Bartek Memorial Scholarship Award. Leonardo is attending Kent State University and plans to follow in his mother, Mindi’s, footsteps as a nurse.
- Jayleen Spaulding received the Ed Kovacic Memorial Scholarship Award. Jayleen is attending Dayton University.
- Joshua Gribble received the Eliot Ness Memorial Scholarship Award. Joshua is also attending Dayton University.
As you can see, several CLE PAL kids graduated this year. CLE PAL is very proud to report that to date, $21,500 in scholarships have been given out in the past six years to honor our fallen brethren and distinguished organizational leaders.
In order to receive the scholarships, the recipients must meet the following criteria: Have a relative or friend who is or was a law enforcement officer, participate in extracurricular activities, have excellent academic and attendance records, and be a CLE PAL volunteer. All of this year’s recipients have been long-time volunteers for many PAL events throughout the years.
Congratulations and good luck in all future endeavors!
Executive Director Robert M. Kumazec, Jr.,
Cleveland Police Athletic League