WINTER DRIVING TIPS
1) Never run a vehicle in an enclosed area, such as a garage
2) Make sure your tires are properly inflated.
3) Keep your gas tank at least half full.
4) Do not use cruise control when driving on any slippery surface.
5) Use your seat belt every time you get into your vehicle.
6) Always carry your cellular phone when driving.
TIPS FOR DRIVING IN THE SNOW
1) Accelerate and decelerate slowly. Remember: It takes longer to slow down on icy roads.
2) Give yourself time to maneuver by driving slowly.
3) If you have anti-lock brakes and need to slow down quickly, press hard on the pedal (it will vibrate when activated).
4) Don’t power up hills. Applying extra gas on snow-covered roads just starts your wheels spinning.
5) Stay home. If you really don’t have to go out, don’t.
IF YOU BECOME SNOWBOUND
1) Stay with your vehicle. It provides shelter and makes it easier for rescuers to locate you.
2) Don’t over exert yourself if you try to push or dig your vehicle out of the snow.
3) Make sure the exhaust pipe isn’t clogged with snow, ice or mud.
4) Use whatever is available to insulate your body from the cold.
5) If possible run the engine and heater just long enough to remove the chill and to conserve gasoline.
6) Call 911 for help.