THE NEIGHBORHOOD BLOCK WATCH PROGRAM (cont.)
What happens when you dial 9-1-1
1) Dial 9-1-1 for emergency help
2) Your 9-1-1 call goes to a computer which identifies the telephone number from which you’re calling.
3) Your call is automatically relayed to the emergency agency serving the address of that telephone number.
4) As your call is connected to the emergency agency, in a matter of seconds a computerized data base provides the dispatcher with name and address information about the number from which you’re calling.
5) The dispatcher determines your emergency needs and verifies the address of the emergency.
6) Your call is prioritized.
7) The proper emergency service is sent to the scene.
(continued next week)