In partnership with the CPF and the Ohio Crime Prevention Association, we present the
“Tips of The Week.”
” DO YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO WHEN STOPPED BY THE POLICE?”
WHAT TO DO IF STOPPED BY THE POLICE WHILE DRIVING YOUR VEHICLE:
A police officer can ask you to pull over when there is a reasonable suspicion an infraction was committed. The best thing to do is:
* Pull over and try to remain calm.
* If it is dark, turn on your vehicle’s inside lights.
* Place your hands on the steering wheel.
* Do not reach into your glove compartment, back seat, etc., until the officer instructs you to do so.
* Retrieve your driver’s license and vehicle registration when asked.
Your complete cooperation will indicate to the officer that you are not looking for trouble.
(CONTINUED NEXT WEEK)