The Cleveland Police Foundation joined the nation in Make a Difference Day October 28, 2017.
- Our youth benefits from seeing firsthand that elderly people are not “scary” and that they hold a lot of oral history and facts about the world and local community. They can also begin or strengthen the idea/purpose behind volunteerism. It also provides them with an opportunity to see how they can contribute firsthand to change and empower themselves.
- Our adults benefit because they can set aside time in busy schedules to give back to a seemingly forgotten population – the elderly. Additionally, spending time with young volunteers provides ways to serve as role models, and also to be a mentor for a young person, even if only for one day.
- Our elderly benefit because they will have visitors, and be shown that they are a vital part of society and appreciated for their contributions.
- The organization benefits because it will have extra hands to help with tasks and lift the spirits of employees, administrators, and families.
- Our community benefits because it takes us away from our electronic devices and gives us an opportunity to meet new people, strengthen already existing relationships, and give to those who least expect it.